Dr. Florian Schreck
Senior Scientist position at the Institute of Quantum Optics and Quantum Information of the Austrian
Academy of Sciences.
Education and Academic Position
- May 2008-present: PI of the new strontium quantum gas project at the Institute for Quantum
Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- Oct 2004-present: Senior Scientist at IQOQI in the group of Rudi Grimm. Topics: quantum
dgenerate Fermi-Fermi mixtures, quantum-degenerate strontium.
- May 2002 - Sept 2004: Postdoc at the University of Texas at Austin with Mark Raizen.
Topics: guidance of neuronal growth, BEC in a single 1D box potential, BEC with squeezed
- Jun 1998 - Mar 2002: PhD student at the E.N.S. in Paris with Christoph Salomon. Thesis:
"Mixtures of Ultracold Gases: Fermi Sea and Bose-Einstein Condensate of Lithium Isotopes".
Mark: "trés honorable" (very good).
- May 1997 - May 1998: Diploma student at the University of Constance with Gerhard Rempe.
Thesis: "Experimentelle Realisierung eines Bose-Einstein-Kondensats" (Experimental Realization
of a Bose-Einstein Condensate). Mark: very good.
- Oct 1995 - May 1998: physics studies at the University of Constance.
- Oct 1994 - May 1995: physics studies at the University of Grenoble.
- Oct 1992 - May 1994: physics studies at the University of Constance.